HypnoBirthing® the Mongan Method. These classes are designed to prepare your mind and body for labor. The class focuses on breathing, deep relaxation and visualization techniques which I will teach and demonstrate in class, as well as childbirth education.
Class is limited to 10 couples. In class you and your partner will receive:
- 5 - 2.5 hour classes
- HypnoBirthing® Book
- 2 relaxation script CDs or download cards
- Handouts for birth preferences, nutrition, birth positions & more!
- Positioning & breathing techniques
- Deep relaxation techniques for the mother and partner
- Tools to achieve a calm, comfortable, and possibly pain-free birthing experience
*If you would like to bring an extra birthing partner such as your doula, your care provider, your mother or sister, to a session you may do so of course!
What is HypnoBirthing®?
I teach HypnoBirthing®, The Mongan Method. HypnoBirthing® is a as much a philosophy as it is a technique. It is a rewarding, relaxing, stress-free method of birthing that is based on the belief that all babies should come into the world in an atmosphere of gentility, calm and joy. When a mother is properly prepared for birthing physically, mentally and spiritually, she can experience that sort of joy, birthing her baby in an easier, more comfortable, and often even pain-free manner. Through this program of deep relaxation, self-hypnosis, special breathing techniques, visualization, affirmations and education, HypnoBirthing® returns to a woman the art of birthing in a way that allows her to summon her natural birthing instinctsand to birth her baby in safety and with ease.
Still wondering what it's all about? Read this amazing article by Midwifery Today.
Advantages of HypnoBirthing®
- Reduces, often eliminates, the need for chemical anesthesia, episiotomy and other interventions
- Lessons fatigue during labor, leaving the mother fresh, awake & energized
- Shortens the thinning and opening phase of labor
- Reduces risk of pelvic floor damage
- Allows the birthing partner to be an integral part of birthing, not an onlooker
- Brings mother, baby and birthing companion together in a wonderful prenatal, perinatal and postnatal bonding experience
- Birthing is returned to a safe, beautiful, peaceful experience as intended